Skip to main content

100 days

Hey all,

I’m super pumped about your call Boo! It’s going to be such a great experience for you!

My week was pretty good, alothough it’s kinda boring to write about. We did lots of good contacting downtown. Had district council. Prepped zone conferences. Played basketball with nonmembers and got them into our English class, which is going well. Had a great time with General Conference, loved tons of the talks. Didn’t find anyone new yet, although we’ll see with the English class if we can start teaching someone. Monday we drove up to Moncton and I got to do some finding there. Stayed in a hotel for the night, which was super nice. Tuesday was a good zone conference and then drive back to Halifax. It was really nice to just chat with the Lows on the drive.  Today we went shopping and cleaned the car. Had a meeting about the English class. Going to the class later today. Tonight I’ll get to see Elder Olsen, he’s staying with us for zone conference. 

We spend most of our time on proselytizing and teaching and working to find people. Definitely have plenty of time we do administrative stuff too though. It’s a good balance. 

We still have two more zone conferences. One tomorrow for Nova Scotia. One on Saturday for Newfoundland. We’re training on area book, which kinda sucks. We made it a good training, but it still would have been nice to do something more inspiring. 

I haven’t taken tons of photos. It’s hard to know what I will want in the future, mostly I have photos of people that I know or care about. I took one of the snow today. BTW we still have snow. We got a snow storm the other day. Before that Halifax had no snow. Moncton still had lots.

Here’s one of my favorite quotes recently. It's from Elder Andersen, from a mission president seminar. He says, “Some may say that baptisms are not determined by the missionary because it is a moral choice that every investigator must make. There is truth in that statement, but there is also truth in this one: There is a power that can cause things to happen that need to happen. There is a spiritual force that can stir a mortal soul toward the spiritual, motivating deeper study into the Book of Mormon and more prayer with real intent. Faith is a power, and it can cause things to happen that need to happen. It can cause a soul who is good but dormant to awaken to God." 

I love that one so much. I hear missionaries make the excuse of, “Oh they have agency, so we couldn’t do anything.” There’s so much missionaries can do! We’re here to exercise faith. The church could reach out to so many people by buying ads. But they don’t because there’s no faith in an ad. 

Love you all so much! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy as bees

Hey all, Glad to know I'm not the only one who's had a super crazy week! It's been so busy, you're right, I've been more busy now on my mission than any time so far! So far this transfer, we've picked up 7 gators, and this coming week we should see it jump to 13! (But more on that later.)  Wednesday was the start to our madness. We had district council in Miramichi, so we carpooled up with the Amherst sisters. It was lots of fun, it was one of the sister's last days, cause her group was going home in the middle of the transfer instead of the end. She actually was in my first district too, so it was really weird to see her go. Later that night, we had a DA (dinner appointment)  with this member family who invited some neighbors over. They were from Newfoundland, and man, they were weird, haha. They had a really strong accent too, which made it pretty funny. It was good though, cause they are interested in learning more, and said we would be able to se...

Crazyness

Wow, hello everybody! This last week's been absolutely crazy. First off, I'm getting transferred to Bathurst, I'll be serving with Elder Boardman, he's from Holladay too, we're super excited! I was also called to be the French district leader, so I'll be working on training for the French missionaries too. Really looking forward to it! Second off, the French temple trip. Holy cow, best part of my life. Long story though. To start, Elder Greenburg and I had to drive separately from the other missionaries. They were taking two members, Anik and Renaud, to Mirimichi, where they met more members there to take the members the rest of the way. They picked up Elder Boardman there as well, and came the rest of the way down. On the other hand, Elder Greenburg and I went to Fredericton, picked up Sister King and her harp, and drove with her all the way to Halifax. When we got to Truro, we got this HUGE storm. It was absolutely crazy, people were sliding off t...

Q & A

Questions we asked this week: Ainsley says, "Does he still remember us?" haha What are the highlights of your week? What are your insights on ministering? What's the schedule coming up, so we can be aware? How was the conference with Elder Haynie? Why haven't you sent any photos lately?????? Hey all, It's been a busy week again, LOTS of travel. We went down to Halifax on Wednesday, stayed in Moncton for the night, and had Zone Conference on Thursday. So we were out of town for quite a while, but they were pretty good meetings.  First, MLC. We didn't do a lot, we pretty much told Elder Haynie what our mission was like so he could know what to do and say for the conferences. He was super suprised at how obedient our mission was. He kept asking if there were little groups of Elders who would heckle, or be disobedient, etc... and he was amazed at how that's not a problem. He was also pretty impressed by how hard working our mission was. We ...