Skip to main content

I have photos...just can't send them.

Hey all,

First off, I HAVE PICTURES! And this week, I can't send them! At least not now. We just got into Halifax, so this is probably a little later than you are expecting. We got special permission to write after 6. I'm writing this from the AP's smart phone, so there's no way to send pictures this week... I'm so sorry! I thought we would be emailing at the church, but we're not allowed out past 5 because of Halloween. I hope you can forgive me.

But this week has been INSANELY AWESOME! We had a baptism in Edmunston, we found three super awesome investigators, and a ton of super awesome pots [potentials]!

First off, the baptism. The other elders have been working a lot with this excommunicated member, Erih Pheil. After 20 years, he's finally been given permission to be baptized. I have some pictures from that. But it was so cool! He kept talking about how he had been waiting for 20 years for this, and he was crying, and one of our investigators came, and it was just super good!

We picked up some really cool investigators too. One's named Liz, and the other two are Michelle and Isabelle. We meet Liz going back to a potential's "house," and he actually doesn't live there. He was babysitting for Liz at the time. We went back and met her on her porch, and she was willing to sit down on the spot and have a lesson. It was so good, we taught the plan of salvation, and she kept saying, "This make sense," I was just super happy! The other two are part of a family, we went and taught the restoration, and all about prophets to them, and they said they would be willing to be baptized! Isabelle is 8, and we gave her a kid's Book of Mormon stories, and during the lesson, she kept talking to her sisters, saying, "Look, this is Joseph Smith! Look, this is Lehi!" She was so excited about it all! 

We've done a ton of finding, we've met so many pots that are awesome too! It turns out people will let you in and talk with you when it's pouring buckets outside. We met this sick guy, his name's Howard, he's from Paris, and talking to him was so nice. I could actually understand his French!!!! I definitely didn't appreciate how clear everyone talks in France French. There's a couple other super cool people who we've met too, but it would probably take too long.

Q&A
Have you had any opportunity to play the piano since you've been there?
I have had a few chances to play. I've played at primary, zone conference, the baptism, P days, but not as much as I expected. It's been really fun though.

Where do you go to read and write your emails on P-day?
NORMALLY, (funny to say that, because I have not had many normal p days) we go to the library in Edmundston to read emails and write back. The library is in this old church, its pretty cool. We do have a laptop in our apartment, so sometimes the other Elders take turns using that to write, but its just not realistic for 5 Elders to do that. 

What is the biggest lesson you've learned in the field so far?
Biggest lesson? I don't know. I've felt like I've learned a lot, so it's hard to decide what is the biggest thing. I feel like some really important ones have been about the power of the Book of Mormon, The doctrine of Christ, how being exactly obedient makes such a big difference, diligently working with all your heart, might, mind, and strength brings blessings, on and on. To sum it up, being a consecrated missionary makes such a difference, and I'm striving to become one. There's a really good talk from Elder Calister about it, it was an MTC devotional, so you might have to look hard for it, but its really good. 

Any spiritual thoughts to share?
Spiritual thoughts? I've been thinking a lot about hope. I'm studying that out now, don't have time to tell more. Study for yourself.

Love you all. Look forward to hearing more,
Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal