Skip to main content

Do you have a pen... oh wait.

Hey all!

So yea, Pres. Low did kinda steal my thunder for this week's email. I asked the surgeons to take a photo with my appendix, but they didn't. Bummer. 

For those confused, this Thursday I had appendicitis. I woke up Thursday morning with stomach pain. It hurt, but it was kinda like when I would wake up and I didn't eat something. But I figured out pretty soon that it wasn't just stomach pain, it got pretty bad and I couldn't even really sit up. The pain started making me sick, and I was having chills, so I would alternate between laying in bed with lots of blankets to the bathroom floor, next to the toilet. We decided to go to the hospital as soon as the other elders got back so I could have a blessing (cause while this whole thing was going on, it was transfers too...) So we went to the hospital around 11:30ish, and waited there till around 8:30 to get to see the doctor. That was brutal. I started throwing up halfway through because of the pain, so I had to sit in the side room. Elder Smith got a photo of me there I think. One of the nurses came out and told me I couldn't lay on the floor, but after a while I just went back to laying on it cause it hurt less. There were a bunch of kids who were watching me like a zoo animal. The whole experience was pretty awful. I remembered why I hate free health care and emergency rooms. It must be torture to the people in the spirit world, just waiting for their ordinances. 

But yea, once I got in, it was very smooth and straightforward! They identified it and gave me some painkillers, the other elders came and said hi, and they picked up Elder Smith and left me in the hospital. Then I had my surgery at 2 that night/morning, and woke up feeling great. They came and picked me up in the morning, and we went on home! (Yes, I saw the stuff on facebook, and I've been taking it easy!) The ward has been super kind though. One of the members was in the ER too, and probably told the RS president that I was in the hospital, and they made dinner for us Friday and Saturday! It was so good. Everyone else said they were pretty happy I had appendicitis, cause everyone's been eating well from it, haha. We've been inside pretty much the entire time. I've been putting up with lots of "do you have a pen..." jokes.

We found 3 new people to teach too! Brandon was the guy we were going to teach on Friday, but we moved it to Saturday. We gave him a church tour, and a Book of Mormon. He was pretty excited about it all. He has a member friend at the University of Fredericton, and he has been talking to her, which is pretty cool! He's super cool, we're looking forward to working more with him! The others were that Spanish family. Most of them can't speak a lick of English, except for one, Cesar. Because of him, we were able to set up an appointment, and we took the Bishop, he speaks Spanish. It was a very good lesson. They live in Shediac, so we're going to have to make sure they're able to come to church, but it is going to be cool to work with them! Who would have thought I would be called to Canada, to learn French, to teach somebody who only speaks Spanish!

So then we get to last night. We set up a lesson with a less active, and we went there with Brother Williams. It went pretty good, but at the end of the lesson, she started feeling light headed, and had some difficulty breathing. We helped calm her down, and she felt like she was doing well enough to walk to bed. But I wasn't going to let her just fall. So we were behind her, walking her there, and it was good that we did. Just before she got to bed, she said, "I can't go any farther," and she fainted. I'm really glad that I had been a lifeguard, it helped me be ready for this. We caught her, and gently lowered her to the floor, and called 911. I monitored her condition till EMS arrived, they took her to the hospital and she is staying there for a couple days. We were very blessed, nothing serious happened while we were there, it could have been worse, but I didn't need to do anything, which was good. 

So yea, I've had a pretty crazy week. I'm sorry to hear Grandpa's not feeling good. 

Also, there's not really any good burger places. There are some, but they're expensive. Burger meats expensive. 

I'm excited to hear all about England from you guys! I love hearing about the week from you guys, thoughts you had. I love sports updates. I like hearing about things you're studying as well!

Grandpa, I want you to know that I love you! Probably the best thing I did before coming on my mission was spending time with you. Those morning walks and breakfasts with you and Grandma were some of my favorite times. You've taught me a lot, and I'm so, so, SO grateful I have your name. I love you! 

Love you all! 
Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal