Skip to main content

Still no snow on my end

Questions we asked:
  • How's it going with Wendy, Jacob and Brendan? 
  • Any new investigators?
  • How's it going with Elder Pitcher?
  • Are you still a ZL?
  • How was your week?
  • Do you have the chance to exercise and play the piano there?
  • Are you brushing and flossing at least twice a day? 
  • What are you thinking career wise? You said that observing your mission presidents had given you insight on that...

Hey all,

Glad to hear things are going well back home. Funny that you should bring up taxes, there is a YSA member here who just came up from Texas, and during our lesson he kept talking about how ridiculous the taxes are here compared to back in the states. He's originally from here, but he goes to school there and is back while they figure out his visa stuff. He joined the Church down there, going on to show that America is the promised land! 

Things are going well on my end. Still no snow, although there's a lot of wind now, and it's getting colder. The wind's a bad sign, but for now all we have is rain. 

Brendan is going to the temple this weekend, which will be really cool. We haven't been able to meet with Wendy or Jacob since writing, but things are still going good with them. 

No new investigators yet. We've had a promising start to the week though, and have a few potentials lined up with lessons, so that's pretty nice. 

It's been going well with Elder Pitcher. He's a funny guy. He's super loving, which is really cool to see. We have some different perspectives on a lot of things, but it's cool because we learn a lot from each other. 

Yeah, I'm still a Zone Leader. 

Lets see, this week has been pretty good. We had stake conference, which was pretty neat. It kinda stinks that we went back to back without the sacrament, but it was a really good conference. President Low spoke at it, and talked about missionary work, and he really encouraged the members to do missionary work, and it's had a really good effect on them! Another highlight of the conference was Taylor, a recent convert from Hampton (that was found in Dieppe by Elder Smith, and he and I taught her once) gave a talk in church, and it was cool to talk to her after. 

We also got to sit in on an Arabic lesson, Remon, the sister's investigator, had a lesson scheduled with the sisters and these Arabic missionaries, but the sisters had something come up, and so we got to sit in and watch it. It was pretty cool. 

Yeah, I do get to exercise and to play the piano. I'm nowhere near as good as I was a when I could play every day, but I get a chance here and there to do so. 

Yeah, brushing and flossing. 

I've been thinking a lot more about going into law for a profession. Both President Pratt and President Low worked in law, and so have Grandpa Marsh and Grandpa Backman...when I look at people I want to become like, most of them have law degrees. So I don't know really what I want to do, but I want to look into it more when I get home. 

So ya, been a good week. I love you all and miss ya. I'm excited for Christmas when I can speak to you all. It's crazy that it's only one transfer away. 

Love you! 
Elder Marsh


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Moving!

Hey all, First off, I’m so sorry to hear that Bob Sweeten passed away. Please let Deyanne know that she’ll be in my prayers, and that I pray they feel comforted. It is a big blessing to know that death’s not the end, that just as birth is a part of our eternal experience, death is as well. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers from Canada!  You’re a really good friend mom. I’m glad you can be there to help out people who need you.  I leave for Montreal on Thursday. So like in 2 days. It’s pretty crazy, I’m packing up all my stuff. We’re flying. I wish we were driving, that would be sooo much fun. I think it’s like a 14 hour drive, something pretty crazy. But no, we’re flying, and then at the airport the assistants there are going to pick us up and we’re just getting to work, with the thousand things we need to do after the merge. We’re going to be pretty busy, haha. I don’t think our p-day will change, but I don’t know yet... Also, you did NOT tell me that Jake proposed