Skip to main content

Stake conference

Hey all,

Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math. 

This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it. Elder Hamilton told us that apparently time is something totally different to people in Africa than it is here, people just show up whenever and that’s just when they come, there’s not really any urgency to get somewhere. It’s kinda fascinating. 

Stake conference was super good. President Glanfield gave a super good talk all about the gathering of Israel. I’m putting some of my notes from it here. Elder Hamilton talked all about repentance, which was super good. He shared this story of Andy, his friend from his home ward, and how he took 2 steps forward and 1.8 steps back, and how he slowly crawled for years towards the Melkezidek priesthood. It was super good, it went right along with President Nelson’s.

Saturday was good too, because it was full of finding. As of right now, we have been giving all of our investigators and potentials to the other elders, and while we were finding, we set up 4 lessons for them, which was fun. I love being a part of the Lord's work.

Love you all! Have a great trip. Sorry it’s short, we went seaglassing again!
Elder Marsh

Notes from conference:

Stake conference

President Glanfield
One difference in our ministering compared to simple neighbourly help is that we do so under covenant. 

One of the first things Lehi finds in the brass plates is his relationship to Jospeh, son of Jacob (Israel) who was saved by the hand of the Lord to preserve and save his father and brothers from famine. His first thing he mentioned was his connection to the covenants of the fathers, that he had covenant responsibilities to help others
There’s a type in this:
I’m a descendant of Joseph, saved by the hand of the Lord to rescue and gather and preserve the rest of the house of Israel

Elder Hamilton 
“Covenant pathway”
2 ne 31
Daily repentance is an essential part of following the covenant path
Andy (a work in progress)
I’m Andy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Moving!

Hey all, First off, I’m so sorry to hear that Bob Sweeten passed away. Please let Deyanne know that she’ll be in my prayers, and that I pray they feel comforted. It is a big blessing to know that death’s not the end, that just as birth is a part of our eternal experience, death is as well. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers from Canada!  You’re a really good friend mom. I’m glad you can be there to help out people who need you.  I leave for Montreal on Thursday. So like in 2 days. It’s pretty crazy, I’m packing up all my stuff. We’re flying. I wish we were driving, that would be sooo much fun. I think it’s like a 14 hour drive, something pretty crazy. But no, we’re flying, and then at the airport the assistants there are going to pick us up and we’re just getting to work, with the thousand things we need to do after the merge. We’re going to be pretty busy, haha. I don’t think our p-day will change, but I don’t know yet... Also, you did NOT tell me that Jake proposed