Skip to main content

Moving!

Hey all,

First off, I’m so sorry to hear that Bob Sweeten passed away. Please let Deyanne know that she’ll be in my prayers, and that I pray they feel comforted. It is a big blessing to know that death’s not the end, that just as birth is a part of our eternal experience, death is as well. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers from Canada! 

You’re a really good friend mom. I’m glad you can be there to help out people who need you. 

I leave for Montreal on Thursday. So like in 2 days. It’s pretty crazy, I’m packing up all my stuff. We’re flying. I wish we were driving, that would be sooo much fun. I think it’s like a 14 hour drive, something pretty crazy. But no, we’re flying, and then at the airport the assistants there are going to pick us up and we’re just getting to work, with the thousand things we need to do after the merge. We’re going to be pretty busy, haha. I don’t think our p-day will change, but I don’t know yet...

Also, you did NOT tell me that Jake proposed! When did that happen? When’s the wedding? I can’t believe you didn’t tell his first nephew. Email fail...

I’ve been pretty busy this week too. So we had transfers this week, which always keeps us pretty busy. Tuesday was when I wrote right? That night was when we were supposed to go pick up the new missionaries, but they missed their flight. So we were trying to figure out a new flight to get them here, and a schedule to get everything done in time. Fortunately they were able to catch a flight the next day, and they got in Wednesday morning. We brought them back to the mission office for orientation, we got them lunch, got them licenses, took them contacting, brought them back to the mission home for dinner, we took off after dinner to go get the vans ready. 

Thursday was transfer day, we got up super early to pick up the new missionaries, rushed over and got them, brought them back to the mission office, picked up everyone else, took off to Moncton, made the switch, and got everyone else on for Halifax. I got to drive down with Elder Smith, so we talked all the way down, which was super fun. We got to the temple to drop them off, and as we were getting everyone where they need to be, Elder Boardman showed up! He came to tour the mission and came to surprise Elder Olsen and Smith and go to their temple session. So it was really cool to see him again. He came to church in Halifax, and so we were talking to him and got to catch up, it was nice. 

After transfers, we’ve been super busy trying to transition all of our French people to the French elder that’s been transferred in. 

That’s about it for us. We’ve been doing lots to prep for the merge, plus our normal missionary work, plus packing. Busy stuff.

Probably the hardest people to say goodbye to are the other missionaries. We pretty much get talk to and be friends with everyone in the mission right now, and so we're basically leaving them all, we won't get to see them all anymore. But not much we can do about that.

I've been trying to think of what I want to talk about [in church]. It's hard cause I can't put all of the lessons I've learned on my mission into a 25 minute talk, so I gotta decide what to say... I'm thinking about it... 

Love you all! Congrats Boo on becoming an elder! It's getting close to that time, you'll do great! I'm excited to hear some further details about that wedding. Love you all!

Elder Marsh 

Sister Low, Elders Holman & Marsh
Elders Smith & Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.