Skip to main content

Hello from France!

Hey everybody! 

Sorry for the confusion last week. I didn't get to read your email before I sent mine, but I was able to read it really quick before p day ended, because we were at the church. To explain, the method we had was different in Edmundston than in Bathurst. At Edmundston, we had internet all the time, and a laptop. In Bathurst, no such luck. The only time I have internet is at the church. So to give you the cut off time, we leave the church Monday at 2 (our time) so as long as you write before then, I can see it. Otherwise, I'll only have what's already on my phone to read.

Also, thanks so much to the Barnes! I loved your little Easter package and notes. You guys are the best!

This last week has been crazy!!! Since last p day a ton has gone down. 

Thursday night, we started the stop smoking program with Tommy. Tommy's a beast, hes been making so much progress, it's insane. We had our exchange with Miramichi elders this last week, Elders Johnson and Henstra came up to Bathurst for Saturday. I had a good day of finding with Elder Johnson, while Elder Henstra went with Elder Boardman to Nik and Rachelle, to help Tommy out. And crap hit the fan. Without going into too many details, there were some serious health problems with Nik, and then Tommy was worrying so much about Nik he started smoking again. We aren't so worried about Tommy, because he knows he can stop, and he wants to, and is starting the program again. We're more worried about Nik, because we don't want his health to get worse. We had a branch bowling night, which was lots of fun too. Sunday was really good, Brother Grant and Brother Gallant spoke, and they were both awesome talks. Brother Gallant was talking about how by recording spiritual experiences in his journal, it's helped him throughout his life to recognize revelation. I really like it, it was very similar to what Garry said in his note. (Again, thanks a ton!)

Then, we had a linger-longer at the church, which is always fun. After that, we met up with the Edmundston elders, and Elder Greenburg and I drove to Halifax Monday morning, showed up to the mission office, dropped off our car, and left for the airport. 

It was a pretty small flight. It was the first time I've flown in a propeller plane. We got to Saint Pierre and have been working since. 

Saint Pierre is flipping awesome! It's very small, but very pretty. Everyone walks here, which is a missionary's dream. People love talking to us too. There are a lot of really cool people we've met and had a chance to share a little bit with. It's total French, which is awesome!!! It's beautiful French too, very clear and easy to understand! 

We've been staying at the Dyvrandes. They are just the best. Solid in the gospel. We did a family home evening with them, a lesson the other day, primary with Meddy, language studies, etc... we tried playing French scrabble, it's pretty hard. Today's Meddy's birthday. We took a bunch of treats to his class, and from what Meddy told us, all of the kids thought we were handsome... but when he told us that to Jean Claude and Nathalie, we all thought he said his teacher, which was pretty funny. 

Looking forward to 9 more hours of driving over the next two days. But... we're getting a new car! A new Nissan Rogue. 

I'm excited that you get to go to Hamilton! How did you get the tickets for that, you were saying you couldn't go a while ago? 

There is something that I do need. I still need an oil vial. I think I talked about that a bit before, but mine broke on my keychain, and got lost. 

To answer if I've had a hard time, I don't know. It depends on what you define as a hard time. I've never felt like I shouldn't be here, or been depressed. Of course I've had times where I miss you guys, or don't want to go outside, or I want to take a nap, or all kinds of things. But I guess I don't really care about them, because they're not important, they don't stop me. Feeling down doesn't control me... don't know if that answers your question, but then again, maybe I'm just not human.

Love you guys! I'm going to sent a few photos too, you will not believe the sunrise we had the other day.

Love,
Elder Marsh

P.S. Sorry if it's a little scatterbrained. We didn't have a true p day to write, so I'm just trying to send off what I have. Love ya lots!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Moving!

Hey all, First off, I’m so sorry to hear that Bob Sweeten passed away. Please let Deyanne know that she’ll be in my prayers, and that I pray they feel comforted. It is a big blessing to know that death’s not the end, that just as birth is a part of our eternal experience, death is as well. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers from Canada!  You’re a really good friend mom. I’m glad you can be there to help out people who need you.  I leave for Montreal on Thursday. So like in 2 days. It’s pretty crazy, I’m packing up all my stuff. We’re flying. I wish we were driving, that would be sooo much fun. I think it’s like a 14 hour drive, something pretty crazy. But no, we’re flying, and then at the airport the assistants there are going to pick us up and we’re just getting to work, with the thousand things we need to do after the merge. We’re going to be pretty busy, haha. I don’t think our p-day will change, but I don’t know yet... Also, you did NOT tell me that Jake proposed