Skip to main content

First full week

Crazy to think I've only been here for a week and 2 days! Its been really good so far. First, yes, I have been reading your emails, and will continue to, we've just had a full week and I don't always have time every day, but I will always read them before P-day. Second, yes, I saw the eclipse, it was very cool. Lots of people brought eclipse glasses, and they let us use them. You should have seen the crowd of people outside on the grass looking at it, cause it happened right after all of the classes ended. Third, I haven't seen Jonas yet, I've been looking, but I have seen Jake Pingree, Zach Ipsen, Cspill, Peter O'Brien, Jake Ference, and lots of other elders. Miss all of you, but I've been having a good time.
Next, Mom's been asking for my schedule, but it's not that interesting. I wake up 6:30, take a shower, get ready, and go get breakfast (except P-day). Then, depending on the day, we either have study time, class, or service. Then we have like 30 mins. to read scriptures, do companion study, or language study, its just up to you. Then we'll get lunch, drop by the mail room (cause Elder Hable is the DL) and head to lunch. After lunch we either teach our "investigator" Jean-Baptiste and then have exercise time, or we have exercise and then teach Jean-Baptiste. It's been really good though, we committed him to baptism a few days ago, and he accepted. Exercise time I've been playing a lot of basketball. Most people are really good, or at least better than me. There was a guy who played ball for Southern Virginia University, and he was insanely good. What was cooler was that we beat his team 11-9! P-day we go to the temple early, wake up at 5:50 and head for the first sess. Then, head back to the room, clean up, go to exercise time, and right now I'm emailing you as my laundry is running (they have computers next to the laundry stuff). I can play the piano during study time, so I was playing and and Elder Cox, Elder McDougal, Soeur Tway and Soeur Thornley came in and just started asking me to play hymns, it was really cool and spiritual. But send me my music!!!! I want the There is a Green Hill Far Away, my classical stuff, Claire de Lune, Libestraum. Also, feel free to send treats, gum, whatever too. This week we also memorized the Missionary purpose, the first vision, the baptismal invitation all in french. Lots of work!
Thanks for the emails though! It's been nice to hear from home, and I'm glad Nessie's doing good. I definitely miss having my dog with me. Thanks for the talks, and for the notes, that's really cool to have! I love all of you guys!

A semaine prochaine!

Elder Marsh


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal