Skip to main content

Transfers!

Hey all,

Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back. 

So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.)

We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normally have the departing missionaries bear their testimonies at the end, and since this is my last zone conference (we won't have one during the 4 week transfer), I got to bear my testimony. It was kinda surreal, it reminded me how much I love my mission. It's been the best experience, I couldn't have picked a better mission for me.

After zone conference we started our exchange with the Gander zone leaders, which was pretty fun. Elder Holman went to some lessons we scheduled while I took care of some administrative stuff and went street contacting. We met some good potentials, who we're meeting with soon! I was excited to come back and share our stories for the night, but then Elder Holman just blew me out of the water. Their lessons with Paul and Didie were sooo good. Paul has been trying to get a job, and hasn't been able to for the longest time, but this week he got a job! And since the fireside we had with them, Paul has read in the Book of Mormon to Jacob! He was at 1 Nephi verse 3 before! Such a miracle, he was asking all kinds of great questions, it's incredible. Such a miracle. I was really thankful to see how the fireside turned out to bring the miracle we needed. We had felt the fireside was worth it and it was a success even without many people there, but this was much more than we ever could have accomplished on our own.

The lesson with Didie was great too, they taught about faith and read Alma 32 with Didie, and he really commited to do everything he needs to to be baptized. He started saving up for the dowry, which is so cool! Another huge blessing...for the last few months the elders have been teaching them, he hasn't done anything to save towards the dowry.

Thursday was MLC, which went really well. We led a council on action plans on the training from zone conference that was pretty good, the mission made some good plans to implement the council we've received. Elder Hamilton trained again, about finding and the faith to find. It was really good. That night was full of street contacting again, as well as a bit of service, we were walking down the road, and found someone's motorbike had fallen into the middle of the road. Normally I wouldnt touch someone's bike, but there were cars coming down this blind hill and swerving last second to dodge this bike, and so we went over and got it out of the road. The kickstand had broken off, and with the turning locked, we had to pick it up and turn it to roll it out of the way. We couldn't find the guy, we knocked all the houses looking for him but couldn't.

Friday we had some service again, we helped Paul load a big box going to Africa. We also did a booth that afternoon, we asked people "What matters most?" It went well, found a few interested people. We found an African guy who lives right next to the church, but because he only goes down the street and not up, he's never seen the church! He met with Elders in Africa, he's been here for a couple years, we're going to try to teach him again.

The rest of the week has been pretty busy with meetings and stuff. Church was good, we had a good discussion in Come Follow Me. One thing I learned as I had read the scriptures is that of all the gospel writers, John was the only one in Gethsemane, yet he speaks the least on the events there. I've been pondering why that might be, you might learn something if you do as well. 

One more cool thing about the week, Bibek, this guy we taught the restoration to, came to Family Home Evening! He really enjoyed it, we're meeting with him again this week!

Also, I think that patent law would be cool. There's lots of cool jobs out there! I'm excited to be back in school learning again.

Next week will be busy for me. I'll be leaving for Montreal next Thursday, so lots to do before then! 

Love you all. Give Grandma Marsh my love and I hope that she recovers quickly!

Elder Marsh 

Robbie didn't send the following photos, I downloaded them from Facebook, one of the senior missionaries posted them. :) 

Elders Marsh and Holman

At the Halifax Temple

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Moving!

Hey all, First off, I’m so sorry to hear that Bob Sweeten passed away. Please let Deyanne know that she’ll be in my prayers, and that I pray they feel comforted. It is a big blessing to know that death’s not the end, that just as birth is a part of our eternal experience, death is as well. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers from Canada!  You’re a really good friend mom. I’m glad you can be there to help out people who need you.  I leave for Montreal on Thursday. So like in 2 days. It’s pretty crazy, I’m packing up all my stuff. We’re flying. I wish we were driving, that would be sooo much fun. I think it’s like a 14 hour drive, something pretty crazy. But no, we’re flying, and then at the airport the assistants there are going to pick us up and we’re just getting to work, with the thousand things we need to do after the merge. We’re going to be pretty busy, haha. I don’t think our p-day will change, but I don’t know yet... Also, you did NOT tell me that Jake proposed

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.