Skip to main content

Good 2nd week!

Bonjour tout le monde,
       This week has been going crazy fast. I got your letters and the packages, thank you for that, but I think I know what the problem is. You keep putting the address as #30, but my mail box is #390! Man, it has been killing me to say that all week, because I got your packages right after last p day. Also, I can't send any photos from my camera, I can't download the photos on the MTC computers, so when I get out I'll send you them. For now Elder Hable is sending me some from his, that I'll forward you. But life's been going really good, they keep us really busy here. We rarely aren't in class, doing personal study, comp study, and language study, or teaching lessons. I have been trying to get Savior, Redeemer of my Soul down, 'cause I think I want to play it in a devotional. 
       Speaking of devotionals, we've had a lot of really good ones. First week we had Kennith Cope, Elder Clayton, Elder Critteden, and then the last one we had was Bishop Waddell. They've all been good, but Bishop Waddell's was probably one of my favorite talks I've heard. He's incredible. After Sunday devotionals, we get to watch a film, the first week we watched Elder Bednar's Character of Christ, and let me just say, I was crying just watching it. It is such a good talk, you need to watch it. Last Sunday we watched Meet the Mormons 2, and it was ok, but it definitely made me miss music! Technically we're not allowed to listen to any music at all here in the MTC, but one of our roommates has a bunch of MoTab, the armed forces march songs, and one of the songs from Les Mis. Interesting play list, but I'm not complaining. 
       Elder Hable and I are the only ones in our district in our room, but I love the other guys in there. I'm pretty sure I talked about them in my first email, but they are awesome. Elder Hable and I were talking, and we said they pretty much perfectly fit the personalities from Monsters, Inc. Elder Bearnson is Sully, Elder James is Mike Wasouski (don't know if that's how its spelled, hate no spell check!) Elder Ludkte is the sleepy guy who always has the sock on him, and Elder Cowley is the guy who calls him out on it! It's always fun to be around them. 
       In our district, we have twelve, ten Elders, two sisters. Lots of interesting characters. Elder Anderson is like a talk show host. He can talk about anything, he will talk about anything, and does talk about anything. But he is so funny, and incredibly happy. Elder Johnson is the only one in our district who had no experience with French before, and he is SO hard working. I'm amazed at the progress he's had. He's incredibly smart too, and has an insane three point shot. Elder McDougal is the American, loud and proud. It's hilarious to watch him talk to Elder Hayes, one of the Elders from Wales, about America. I thought they'd never stop talking about WWII. Elder Stanchu, from Romania, has the funniest accents. He has a perfect Indian and Mexican accent, and learns languages like it's nothing. He's also learning some Spanish from Elder Pintos, who's from Uruguay. He's actually already engaged. He's insane at soccer too. Elder Cox is a really good guy, I like him a lot, he's also really good at basketball. (Although I think that part of why everyone else is good might just be that I'm bad at basketball ;)) Elder De Sousa, the other Welsh elder, is really quiet, but has an insanely deep voice. He's really nice, and good at getting along with everyone. The sisters are Soeur Thornley, who's always sarcastic, and Soeur Tway. She taught herself how to play the piano, and she's pretty good. 
       Sorry for the deep profiling, but I think its better to be more detailed than less. I saw Jonas the other day, he seemed like he was doing really good. I think he's getting along with his companions too, so that's good. I shared one of his jokes, and everyone in the room thought it was good. I also saw Zach, right after he got in, haven't really spoken to him, but from what I see here and his email he's getting along great. I got to say goodbye to Kyle one last time at choir before he headed out, and that was really cool, but the person I see most is Cspill. I have the hardest time not yelling that everytime I see his head above the crowd, and he told me he had a hard time not saying mine ;)! I've seen a few other from school, I saw Ben V. today, so Boo can tell Sam. Most of the time I run into people at gym time. I play a lot of basketball, played some soccer, and today I played some volleyball. It's been a lot better to go inside since the tours of the MTC ended, because we had half the gym closed for it. 
       All of our classes are in T4, the new building we walked through on the tour, but one floor down, level 4. Our sacrament room, (the only one with a piano) looks out onto the field by Helaman Halls and the football stadium, and I watch the ultimate frisbee team playing all the time while I'm playing the piano. Also, yes, I have been doing choir, it's awesome. Brother Egett is the director, and he has the coolest stories about the prophets. The songs are pretty awesome too!
       But really, I have been loving it here. I learned so much about the scriptures, about stories that I thought I already knew, and I've picked up some details I've never noticed before. While I do miss you guys, and I'm not a fan of having a sleep walker in our dorm room (he gets up in the middle of the night and turns on the lights) I have been doing good. I miss getting to talk to you, I kinda forgot how much I love all of you before I left! 
A bientot!
Elder Marsh



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal