Skip to main content

Last few days!!!

      Almost done with the MTC! As great as this place is, I'm definitely ready to be heading out! Reading Jonas's email was kinda bittersweet, because while I do NOT want to have to deal with centipedes with a machete, I am pretty jealous that he's out already doing work! Although one thing that's pretty cool is that Elder Cook came on Tuesday for the devotional. It was super super cool! He had a really incredible testimony, and shared a lot about the love we need to have. I really loved that. It actually reminded me that I wanted to read the notes people took about the apostolic blessing Elder Holland gave the stake.
       Sunday was good too, but I thought that the film we watched was better than the devotional. We had Pres. and Sis. Livingstone, the temple presidents at the Provo Temple come and talk. They were good too, they talked about the plan of salvation, and being converted. We watched Open Your Mouth, a talk by Elder Holland, that's really good too. He talked about how we really need to go out and talk to people. If we open our mouth, the spirit will fill it. I loved it, I don't know if you guys can watch it or not, but I think you'd like it.
       We've had a super busy week with lessons. We've had 3 or 2 lessons everyday, which I guess I should get used too, but it's a lot of work after doing 1 a day. Its been harder to fit everything in a day. Its really nice whenever we have Pday or sunday, just because we get some time for ourselves, like to read the scriptures, (I'm in the Isaiah chapters in 2 Ne., and if you think Isaiah is hard in English, try reading it in French!) to study some G.C. talks, etc...
       I tried out for the devotional yesterday, it turns out that its Sister Martino and Sister Weidmann who chose the pieces. They told me that it was really pretty (Consider the Lilies) and that they both really loved it. They only have two spots for the devotional this Sunday, so they said they'd let me know if I'm in by email. Hopefully I can, but if not, I can always play in the mission field. They have 12 people auditioning every week, so I guess it's pretty hard. Anyways, crossed fingers.
       We also did some hosting this week on Wednesday. I helped out one elder from Virginia, and one from Lehi. Both were kinda shy and freaked out at the start of it, but I think that I helped. At least, I hope I did. The one from Virginia was going to Salt Lake City, south, was homeschooled, very quiet, and loved being a blacksmith. The other guy was super short, but he was pretty cool. He was going to the Czech Republic, so that was pretty cool. I just tried to be as nice as possible, and help them feel welcome. I was hoping I could see Issac, I didn't remember if it was the 20th or the 27th he came in, but didn't see him. I'll miss him by a day if its the 27th!
       But now it's just a waiting game. I start packing up later today when my laundry finishes up, and I'll just have to figure out how things go for Monday and Tuesday. It's going to be pretty weird, cause Elder Hable leaves Monday, and I leave the next day with the other Halifax missionaries. Don't know how it'll work out entirely, but I do know that I still have to go to class all alone, which is going to suck. There will only be two districts left speaking French after we all leave. (Two Tahitian, two French, one Malagase, and a Haitian Creole) 
       Anyways, I love you all. Happy Birthday Boo, hope you have a great day. Mom, I love you, although sending me all that music with no way to play it has probably been the worst part of the MTC. Ellie, glad you're having a good time in junior high, sorry I can't help with the math. In fact, I might need you to tutor me after my mission, I'll have forgotten everything. Ainsley, I wish I could have seen your polo game, I am so happy you love it! I have no doubt you'll be the best in the family! Dad, I love getting your letters. While the email is nice to have, getting a letter in the mail makes my day. I know mom wants me to tell you to write emails, but I am kinda conflicted, because I love the letters. Maybe just right something small in an email, like Ute scores. (All people do here is talk about BYU games, even though they are really having an awful year.) I don't know though, cause in the mission field I'll only get one day to read emails anyway. I'll be happy with whatever you decide.
       Love you all so much! I'm sure mom's already counting down the days, but I hope the rest of the mission doesn't go by this fast, it doesn't feel like I've been gone for 6 weeks.

Vous me manquez (don't know why I thought it was a G ha)
Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal