Skip to main content

Wow



We got a very short email this week, just a note to say he'd arrived. A couple of the senior missionary sisters sent a little more info and some photos as well, bless them. :)

Sorry I didn’t get to talk again later to everyone, we barely got through customs in time to get on our flight. (Robbie called for a few minutes from the airport in Salt Lake, and thought he might be able to call again during their layover in Toronto.)  It really made me grateful for what Dad did in Paris. Anyway, I’m here, I’m safe, I’m having a blast. We went contacting and we had some cool stories. Write more later.
Love Elder Marsh
P.S. This is one of the AP’s iPad, I won’t be able to read emails until pday.


Elder Marsh looks happy and excited and we are so happy to have him here! I don’t know if I’m allowed to tell you where he is going, but I don’t see the harm in you knowing. He will be in a trio in Edmunston New Brunswick. Edmunston is a wonderful town, very French, they currently do not have a branch there but missionaries and members are working hard. His companions I think are Elder Carlson and Elder Legault, but I am not 100% sure. I know he’s in a trio though with the Zone Leaders out there! They will leave for their areas tomorrow I believe, again, not sure. Today they will have lots of training, and then they go out contacting in the evening. We are excited to have Elder Marsh in our mission!


Thank you for the email – we are delighted to have Elder Marsh.  He is fun and outgoing right from the first day- a very likeable Elder.  They had their training here, spent one more night at the Mission home and went to their areas on Thursday. Elder Marsh has gone to Edmundston, New Brunswick where he will be sharing an apartment with 4 other elders.  The apartment is nice and has a modern washer and drying which the missionaries love to have for convenience and to save the cost of paying for laundry.  He is with an awesome group and while Edmundston branch is very small, they are having a lot of success there and are teaching.  Edmundston is VERY French, so he is in a great area to strengthen his French language skills.  The town is right on the US border.  Part of Maine is in our Mission so he will be crossing the border frequently.  So the fun has begun for him.I am sure he will be great!  We already love him!


New snail mail address:
Canada Halifax Mission
Elder Robert B. Marsh
155-204 Brownlow Avenue
Dartmouth, NS
B3B 0M4 CANADA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal