Skip to main content

Another crazy week!

Bonjour tout le monde!


       Let me just say, I totally didn't realize that Ains could go to the temple!!! I'm actually kinda bummed that I couldn't go with her. I'm glad that you had a good birthday, wish I could have sent you something Ains. I'm glad that you had a good UEA break though, weird to think you guys are already there, it does NOT feel like I've been out long enough. The time has been absolutely flying by. Also, I have to disappoint you, I have taken 1 picture. I fixed my camera, it works fine, but I haven't really taken any pictures. My bad, but I'm trying to be 100% responsible. Speaking of, that talk [It's a talk I mailed him called Be 100% Responsible by Lynn G. Robbins that was given at Education Week] was the Prepare to Learn for MLC, and I was super excited about it. It really is one of my favorite talks, and my companions loved it too. It has really helped us work harder to do our work. 

       There are some members in Maine who would probably let you send them mail, but I didn't ask them. My bad. Again. I did get to work with Miles tho! We had an exchange, his comp is the district leader, so he came up for the exchange with the ZL's, and I got to work with him for a day! It was super awesome, he did a really good job in our lesson with Ann, (new gator) and we went contacting together. I did get a picture with him too, so I'll send that. I also got to talk to Elder Hoole, he's another Olympus Titan, and he's super awesome! He's a Zone Leader and we talked while at MLC.

       There are a bunch of missionaries in our zone. There are 10 companionships in our zone, two trios. (counting mine) It's a pretty big area. We have two wards in our zone (I think) and we have a bunch of branches. It breaks down as 6 wards and 6 branches in the St. John stake, but that counts New Brunswick East too. 
     
       But as I said, the work here is flying by. God really goes before us to prepare the way. Over the last few days, we've found a TON of solid potentials who want to hear more. We've picked up another gator, Ann. She was taught before, but had a problem with smoking, and wanted some time, but is now ready to change! She came to church Sunday, and LOVES the ward! She made little presents for people she met there, and she met some other investigators of the other elders who are getting baptized, and they talked, and I think that helped her too. Allen had two days of no drinking, and is joining an AA group to stop drinking. A week ago, he told us that there was no way for him to stop, and he's totally changing! Every time we go to his place, I feel like it's brighter and cleaner. He's really changing! We taught Cheree the first part of the Plan of Salvation, and invited her to be baptized on a specific date. She said she didn't want a specific date, she'd need to think more about when that was, but she is getting to know members, one of them invited her to their Halloween party coming up, and I think she'll go. They really got along. We didn't get to teach that Pentecostal pastor, he cancelled, but I think that's fine. We'll get to teach Ben and Nancy tonight, and if they want to be baptized, we'll keep teaching them. If not, we're going to slow the teaching process down with them. There are tons of things happening, but I can't write them all, so I'll leave it at that. I'm grateful for your prayers for them.

       I love you all, hope everything keeps looking up! I'll be in Halifax for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd, for my exchange with the AP's and for New Missionary Conference, so if you send packages or mail there, I'll be able to get it. Hopefully this is enough time in advance. I did get your letter from your journal mom, haven't seen other mail besides that though. I do really like the hard copy mail too, but whatever is easiest for you works for me too. 

Love you,
Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal