Skip to main content

Week 2 in the field

Bonjour la,
        I was totally joking in my farewell about bonjour eh, but they totally actually do it (with la). The Canadians say eh too, but its not so bad. It's kinda weird, because in Edmunston, it's near total French, but right across the border it's pretty much total English. We work right along the border of Maine, so it's pretty back and forth. We speak mostly French, the people here have a really janky accent, but as long as they don't mumble too much I can catch most of it. Speaking's the hardest part, but I am getting better.
        We have a bunch of investigators right now, and it's pretty cool because it's pretty much all right at the start of their conversion process. President Pratt was telling me that I'll see that the Elders in Edmunston just switch back and forth as to who's got a ton of investigators getting baptised, and right now the other Elders (Elder Boardman and Elder Smith) have 4 on dates, and at least 3 are getting baptised before the end of the transfer! It's going to be really cool to see the progression of everyone! 
         We have Philip, Allan, Emily, Ben and Nancy, and we have some pretty cool potentials too, we just have to nail down a return appointment. Ben and Nancy invited us to their Pentecostal Revival, so we went to that, and it was pretty different than what I was expecting. Super fun, but it made me super grateful for what I have. They are pretty open to learning more, so we're hoping that they'll keep reading the BoM. Emily is our on date, she's been looking for the truth and she wants to learn more, so it's going well with her. Allan is super drunk. ALL THE TIME. He loves learning from us, but it's hard to get through to him. We were thinking about dropping him, but then he responded super well to the Godhead, so we'll keep going back. He's getting better, and he's hopefully going to rehab soon. Philip loves us too, he knows it's true, we're just trying to help him leave his girlfriend (they don't love each other) so he can be baptised. All in all, I've seen some pretty amazing miracles here, and I've loved it. 
       The food here is good. We pretty much eat cheap, but healthy too. I eat eggs and veggies or oatmeal for breakfast every day, and I'll have leftovers or a sandwich for lunch. For dinner we've normally had spaghetti, or something else. I made fajitas the other night, and everyone loved it. Also, I would love to have some good recipes mom, if you could send some. There's some really good Canadian food here too. Poutine, and Donair are both really good. I've also had the best potato chips of my life here.
        I got to watch pretty much all of conference, just missed Priesthood. We're working on listening to that. 
Love you all! Sorry I don't have any pictures. The camera I got at the MTC kinda sucks at turning on and off, so I'll try to figure it all out. I asked for some pictures, I'll send them when I get them. Have a great day!
Je vous aime!
Elder Marsh

Updated: Elder Smith's mom shared these photos on Facebook, bless her!

Elders Smith, Legault & Carlson

Elders Boardman & Marsh





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal