Skip to main content

The time's flown by...

Hey fam,


Let me tell you, this transfer has absolutely flown by. People told me that missions were supposed to last a long time in the beginning, but I honestly feel like the time has flown by. Really good to hear the Utes won, my companions were asking me why I was smiling super big, and seeing that 48-17 just felt really good. I thought it was funny that you still have 50's into November, that would be really nice. This morning it was -5 C, so it's nice and chilly. The coats I brought work, so that's pretty good! (Really grateful for that windbreaker, it's bitter wind!)
I got your letter too, the one with Ellie's that talked about it not getting there till Christmas, with the two talks, and your letter mom. It was definitely cool to hear from you guys! I am also grateful for the package, some of the Elders took the plastic bubbles in it home to go scare another Elder in Coal Harbor, and I thought that was pretty funny, but everyone really liked those watermelon candies.

This week has definitely been crazy though! We spent the majority of our time out of area, so there's not much I can tell you about our area, we had some lessons with Ann, one of our investigators, which went pretty good. We had a good transfer with the AP's, they're all super awesome, and it was really cool to work with some YSA people too! Other news, Elder Carlson is being transferred to Nova Scotia South, so it will just be me and Elder Legault as companions for this transfer. He's not the Zone Leader either, so we'll have plenty of time to do missionary work this transfer! Elder Boardman and Smith are staying too, that was a bit of a surprise. 

Things I need/want? I need more ties. I'd love a bit more to change it up with. I'd love to have some floral ties, some more of the tie your socks, (Everyone really likes the one I brought out, so I guess that's a pretty good endorsement for John!) I don't know. I also do want some sweaters. I thought that I wouldn't wear them, but it's plenty cold. A few sweaters would be nice. ALSO, I think I found someone to send packages too. There's a member in Madawaska, Eric Phiel, who would be willing to hold mail, and you can send it to the Caribou Elder's apartment too. I don't have info for them, but I will get that for next week!

I don't get up earlier than anyone else, they have a program for training we do in the day. I'm guessing you're saying that from reading the Riciardi letter or something. But we just do my 12 training at 8 most of the time, because it's pretty dark at that time, and more people are asleep.
We exercise every day. Elder Boardman has TRX bands, a pull up bar, and the apartment has a bench, so we can use weights. We work out every morning before breakfast and showers, and we have a pretty well worked system. 

It's hard to say the percentage I speak French to English. Whenever we're in Edmunston, we speak French. When we are in Madawaska, we speak English. We have English fasts to try to keep speaking French as much as possible. We can do better at that, but I do feel like I'm learning a lot. It's kinda funny in our apartment too, Elder Legault speaks with a distinct Quebecqoi accent, and Elder Boardman speaks pretty Parisian, because his trainer speaks really good French, and it's always funny listening to the conversation. Like whenever Elder Legault says, "un," it sounds like "ar" like he was saying barn, without the b or n. Its pretty fun.

What we do for fun? A lot of the time we just enjoy our time as missionaries. It's a different kind of enjoyment, you see a lot more little things. for instance we play a game while we're walking where we kick stones through each others legs, trying to nutmeg them. Just dumb little things are enjoyable. We play sports on pdays in Caribou. It's a lot of fun just working.

Je vous aime,
Elder Marsh

P.S. I got a picture by the Four Corners park in Madawaska, by the Harley Davidson memorial there. I don't remember if Davy's been there, but I thought of him when I was there!

With Miles DeBry, his water polo teammate!

District? 

Baptism of Eric Phiel

Elder Legault, his companion


His trainers, Elders Legault and Carlson


With Elder Legault

With Elder Carlson

With his trainers, Elders Legault and Carlson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal