Skip to main content

Hello again from Canada!

Hello again from Canada!

       These last couple of days have been crazy, we've gotten tons of snow! Over the last tree days I would guess we've gotten a foot, it's insane how crazy it's been coming down. To top it off, we had Christmas conference yesterday, so we were driving home in the storm. Got home safe, we didn't have any problems, but it was crazy how fast it happened. 

       Christmas conference was awesome though. It was divided into two parts, a more spiritual and a more fun bit. Kind of made me think about the Marsh family party, except backwards. We sang some carols, had a gift exchange, ate lunch together, and had some musical numbers. It was fun! I was in charge of arranging the music for it, and it went really well. We had a couple districts sing hymns, we had a sister play the harp, which sounded awesome, we had a piano solo by another missionary, Elder Harris, and there was a duo with piano and cello that sounded awesome! I was really glad for having many talented missionaries to draw from, they sounded awesome. 

       I got the Amazon package, there was a little tiny gray wrapped one, and a box as well. Guess I'll find out what it is on Christmas. I also really loved the last package, the messages from everyone are awesome! Thank you, thank you to everyone. Probably my favorite thing. I have a list of everyone who has written me, but I didn't bring it with me to the library, so it might be better when I can mention everyone. But thanks in the meantime, you all are the best!

       So for Christmas, we will we having a normal missionary schedule till ten, and then somewhere in that time period we get to do calls with our families. It seems like it is pretty flexible for a time for that, so maybe you should suggest a good time for the call. Don't know who I will be with though, because Elder Legault will be going home this Sunday. We'll be driving him to Fredericton, the ZL's will drive him from Fredericton to Moncton, and then he catches another ride to Amherst, and then another into Halifax. I'll be going into a trio with the other Edmundston Elders until transfers, so that will be crazy, managing both of our areas investigators. It will be a busy week! 
       
       Staying warm.

       I'm pretty sure that I'm staying. Of course, there is always the possibility that I leave, but the odds of that are so low I'm very, very confident that I'll stay. They'd be crazy to whitewash Edmundston, there's too much going on here for that. Speaking of, there's a baptism this Saturday, so that's going to be awesome!!!! Our investigator, Philip, is coming to that, and then he's coming to church the next day. Currently he's on date to be baptized on the 27th of January. He recently committed to living the word of wisdom, and is definitely moving towards getting baptized! Ann's also progressing, we talked about stop smoking with her, and she wants to quit, but she hasn't done much to actually do that yet, so we're trying to get her to start doing it with her. With some support from the members, I think she'll do it. Have some others we're working with too, but they'll be another time. 

       The Christmas music has been lots of fun. We've actually been approved to listen to all Christmas music that fits the guidelines of the white handbook, not just motab, haha. We actually have the 2015 and 2017 Pentatonix albums, and have been listening to that as well. But right now, any appropriate christmas music goes. We were thinking about getting Micheal Bubè as well, but ended up not. If you want to send any to my email then we can download that and listen too. Another good one might be BYU vocal point Christmas, don't know if they have that. 

       Love you all! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. I've been so blessed in knowing all of you. 

Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal