Skip to main content

This week in Edmunston

Hi all,

Hope you have all been having a good week. It's been pretty crazy for us, so I'll fill in what I can:
       
After emailing last, we had an exchange with Caribou, and were there Wednesday. They hadn't checked the mail to see if they had a package slip, turns out they did, but I wasn't able to get it then. Then we had a pretty busy day on Thursday, working in Grand Falls, we have a couple investigators there who are pretty awesome. One of them, Philip, is SO close to being baptized. All he has to do is come to church and drop his girlfriend, who he doesn't even like, and it's agonizing that it's not happening faster! Friday and Saturday we had the French temple trip, which was awesome! We did two endowment sessions in French, and had a devotional afterwards. I played a musical number for that, O Come O Come Emmanuel, and it went ok. Drove home Saturday, and then had Sunday and Monday here. Ann came to church, which was awesome, and the members are fantastic at welcoming her, she loves the members, it seemed like she had a really good experience!
       
I did get my package, but I have not opened it yet. The Presque-Isle sisters brought it up today, and I just threw it in the apartment, because we were going to Au Bout de Monde, this little coffee shop close to us with some really good hot chocolate. Elder Boardman has a game called Monopoly Deal, and we all played it together there, and that was fun. We went shopping, we need to get a Christmas gift for the coming zone conference next Tuesday
       
The parade was a couple of weeks ago, Edmundston has a Christmas parade every year, and we entered it and had a nativity scene. We wanted to have some members participate, but it was pretty crazy for the members, so we turned the back of our car into a stable. I drove, E. Legault was Joseph, and Sis. Crowley was Mary. The other missionaries were shepherds/angels, and handed out cards and candy on the sides. We were told that about a thousand people would come, but it was WAAAYYY more than that, closer to 4,000. We had wrote our number on 1,000 cards (not something I will repeat, mind you) and taped candy on them all, and we ran out so fast, just handing the candy to the kids! But it was a blast. hopefully next year some members will be there too, and we can have an actual float!
       
Like I mentioned, next conference is next Tuesday (P-day will be Wednesday, so don't freak out). Speaking of that, they have some news. I don't know if you've already been told, but we'll be getting smartphones in our mission! Don't know all the details off the top of my head, but we will start using them around February. We are only allowed to get a Samsung Galaxy phone, there's a couple different kinds, again, don't know them off the top of my head. Anyway, don't spend too much on Christmas stuff! haha
       
Transfers will be at the end of the month, Dec 24th. and I kinda have a special situation, because Elder Legault is going home on the 19th, his flight got bumped up because of the holiday season. So, I don't know exactly what I'll be doing for Christmas yet. I will let you know when I have details, but I just have no idea. Wish I could be more helpful!
       
The members here are awesome! We have around thirty here, the Gionets, the Granges, the Redmonds, the Johnsons, the Pitres, the Brassards, Anik Theriault, the Dubés, Brother Dodatto, Erich Phiel, Benjamin, and whichever investigators come. They are all super awesome. Anik, the Redmonds, Benjamin, bro Dodatto and Bro dubé are all recent converts, it's really been growing over the last year! We don't visit super often, but we are meeting with all of them and talking about Light the World with them, and how they can get their friends involved in that with them. 

Anyway, love you all. Sad that Sister Hellstrom passed away, I did take the sacrament to her a lot. I hope it was a good service. 

Love you all.

Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal