Skip to main content

Rundown for this week

Hey everybody,

Glad to hear that things are going good back home. I'll try to answer the questions as best I can. 

Did you get your package before you left your last area?
No. I still haven't gotten it. This is one of the reasons I thought sending it to Erich would have been better, because other missionaries don't care as much about other people's stuff. Caribou lost my package, and then found it in Woodstock,  (NO IDEA how it got there) we tried to get it as we drove past going to transfers, but Woodstock elders weren't at their apartment, they were at Houlton WITH my package. 

I assume I should sent packages to the mission office now?
Yes. Send it to the mission office. 

Tell us all about your new area. Do you have investigators there? Tell us about them...
Bathurst is super awesome. I love Bathurst. We have three investigators who are going to get baptized this transfer, and they are the best. They're names at Nik, Rachelle and Tommy. They are some of the best people ever. They've had us over for dinner twice. They came to church this last Sunday.

Do you and Elder Boardman share a flat with other missionaries?
Elder Boardman and I don't share an apartment, it's just us.

How big is your ward/branch there?
The Bathurst branch has a building!!! There's around 18 or 20 members. They're super awesome. We have some really cool members, the Edwards especially. He's the branch president. 




How many French speaking missionaries are there in the mission now? 
What are the areas they serve in besides Edmunston and Bathhurst? 
What do you have to do as a district leader?
There are 11 French missionaries. The French areas are Edmundston, Bathurst, and Dieppe. My job as district leader means I make a training plan, and implement it. For French. I also have to organize a trip to St. Pierre.

Anyway, we had a crazy week. Elder Johnson, one of the elders in our district, is training this transfer, but all the flights were cancelled, so Johnson was with us for three days. 

We were in Moncton for a bit, WE FOUND A MEXICAN PLACE AND GOT A BURRITO!!!! I cannot tell you how happy I was to eat MEXICAN. After that we went back to Mirimichi, the next day all the way back to Bathurst, where Nik and Rachelle and Tommy feed us cookie dough cheesecake. After that, we drove all the way back to Moncton, and to Mirimichi, and then all the way up to Bathurst again for church.


Also, while we were in Moncton, I saw a clip from the Kentucky/Buffalo game, where are we in the tourney? Did one of you make a proxy bracket for me?

I am taking more photos than I am sending. I can only send so many in the email, otherwise it's in a drive, and every time someone wants to look at them, I get an email, that I can't open till p day to give them permission.

Anyway, busy, but it's been super fun! Love you guys!

Elder Marsh



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal