Skip to main content

Sorry this is a short one

Good Morning America! (Or Canada. or Vietnam. Guess it depends on where you live, or if you're old enough for that joke.)

Man, do I miss basketball and football. Super excited to hear some more details! I didn't even realize that the PAC 12 playoffs are starting. Not only that, March Madness is going to be getting going too. Hopefully the Utes will follow the pattern and play their best basketball while there's a Marsh on a mission. Also super excited to hear about the spring football starting.

Posters look sick for Boo's campaign. I'd vote for him. Especially if the Rock, Thor, and Will Smith are. They must know how to vote, so I should do the same! And his hair is real! Obvious choice. Hope you kill it Boo.



It sounds like you've had a super fun week though. The RootsTech sounds like it was super awesome. We have had a chance to watch just a little bit of it here, and it looks like there have been a lot of really cool speakers. Miss the Polo games too, glad to hear about the Polo, and how it's going. 

Love the video Shawn. Mental toughness all the way.

Well I don't have a ton of time for a huge email, got to send some others as well. 

This week we had Stake Conference, and it was really good. Elder Gordon B. Smith from the Seventy came and spoke, and he was really really good. He used to be in the Senate, and he was definitely a talented speaker. Because of the storms on the East coast, he only just barely got up here for the Conference. We didn't get to go to the Saturday meetings as well, only the missionaries at Caribou, Charlottetown and Fredericton had a chance for that. The speakers talked a lot about "Rescuing the One," and it was really good. Elder Smith shared an experience about how he set up a meeting to open up Italy to having church buildings and temples, which was really cool. 

We only have a couple of investigators, Allan and Gary, and they're progressing, slowly but surely. We've been spending pretty much all of our days finding. It's kinda weird, because we talk to a lot of people, and teach them, but we haven't had much success as we try to help people investigate. 

Anyway, don't have anymore time. 
Love you all! 
Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal