Skip to main content

Hey all

Hey all,

Dang, the Utes lost! That just sucks. 

It's a good thing that we didn't use all of our time to email in the morning. I was going to just send an email this week with that and probably something about how you have no excuses because I sent you my schedule, and you didn't even write to me. Good thing for you that President Edwards ended up needing some help, and we delayed some of our time. (but for the future, there's no excuse for you anyway. You can write anytime during the week, I only get the one day. At least you know that you'll always get one. I haven't seen the same reliability...haha)

Answers to questions:

Did you get to watch conference? Where? What did you think about conference and the big changes?

Anyway, yes, I got to watch conference. Not the Priesthood session, but we'll watch that as a branch another time. It was soo awesome. I love General Conference so much! And talk about a bunch of crazy new changes. The Solemn Assembly was really cool, the changes with ministering, and the big finish with the Temples! We watched Saturday and Sunday morning at the church, and Sunday afternoon at the Edwards. 

Nik, Rachelle and their kids watched the Sunday Morning conference at the Edwards, and they had a good time. We went and had and an early dinner with them after. They had to leave after, they couldn't stay for the second part, but we watched the end with the Edwards. 

How old are Nik, Rachelle and their kids and Tommy? Do they have a baptismal date?

Nik and Rachelle are mid 30s, I would guess. Gabriel, 11, is Nik's son from a previous relationship. He's so funny, he LOVES potatoes. Marie Soleil is 9, she is super funny too. She reminds me of Ainsley. She watches netflix on a phone with big headphones, is pretty dramatic, but super funny. They are such an awesome family. Nik and Rachelle are on date for the 20th, Gabriel can't get baptized yet, because it's very sensitive between Nik and his mom, if Gabriel got baptized, he probably wouldn't be allowed to come over anymore. Marie Soleil could be baptized, but we're just focusing on Nik and Rachelle right now. 

Where does Andy Williams live? He replied to my post on the parent/member facebook group last week saying that you did have zone conference on Tuesday, and he said "awesome crew to say the least...loved it!" From what I can gather by other comments from parents, he is a ward mission leader and is great at taking care of the missionaries.

Bro Williams is in Moncton. He's awesome. When we found that Mexican place, we were actually with him, we took him to get his very first Mexican food! He really is awesome, it will be fun to work more with him if I ever end up in Dieppe or Moncton. 

How come you're going with Elder Greenburg instead of Elder Boardman? 

I'm going with Elder Greenburg because we were the ones who taught them the most. President Pratt specifically requested that it be that way. It makes planning a little harder, but definitely worth it. 

Love you guys! Hope things keep on going good. Also, Mom, when you say "cool" and that you're shivering, what kinda temp. are you talking? Because you sit and shiver if it's 70 outside. You wouldn't like it here. We're finally going to have a week where it's only freezing, from what it seems.

Love, 
Elder Marsh

P.S. Super awesome sunsets we saw. And the ocean. Who says you can't walk on water?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal