Skip to main content

Transfers

Hey everybody! 

Well, I'm glad to hear that you had a good week Mom. Not going to lie though, you're a nerd. Or a teenage girl. I do not get the hype. I'm sure it's good, but I think I'm on dad's side. If only you prayed as hard for the Utes as you did to get those tickets... (To Hamilton :)

Also, sounds like there's a pretty good season so far for polo. Keep up the updates! Nice job Boo and Ains! You guys are going to be way better than me!

This last week's been pretty awesome. It is transfers this week, and Elder Boardman is leaving. He's going to Dartmouth, he's going to be an online finding leader, and basically teach the mission how to use Facebook better, which is pretty sick. I'm staying here, which I'm pretty happy about, Bathurst is super awesome. My new companion is Elder Pierson, which is pretty exciting. He's a good missionary, and we're going to get some work done! 

Also, some really good news. Nick is doing a lot better! He had to go to the hospital this week, but it helped him a LOT! He's feeling a lot better. He is still in the hospital, but they let him come out from 4 to 8 weekdays, and 12 to 6 weekends, which is awesome! We were able to go over last night and see him again, Elder Boardman got to say goodbye, which we were worried that we might not be able to do that. 

We got back to Bathurst Thursday afternoon. We dropped off Elder Greenburg in St. Quentin with Edmundston, and then finally got back to our area. Despite the long time out, we saw a lot of miracles this last week.

For example, Rachelle and Nick needed a new table, theirs broke, and they gave us a call. Now, Elder Boardman has had things miraculously appear on the road when people needed it, and we were definitely keeping our eyes open for one. We didn't find one on our drive, but the next day we sent a message to Pres. Edwards, to see if he knew where we could get one. He called us right back, and told us that we must be "incredibly lucky" because he was getting rid of one, and was just about to put it online to sell.

We found some new cool gators. Allen and Reg. Allen is an old fisherman, and loves to talk. He met missionaries in the past. Reg is someone we found close by, who told us he might be interested in coming to church. Neither of them made it, but we had a good lesson with Allen the other day. 

We put Tanya on date for June 16th, and she's super solid. She came to institute last night, and really liked it. She thought the members were super kind (they are) and that when she came, she just had this big feeling of peace. She's pretty excited for church, so it will be cool to see her there. 

Tommy's moved into his new place, and we've been helping him move in. We fixed Nick and Rachelle's old table, and gave it to him. We also got a sofa from Pres. Edwards, and moved it to Tommy's place. He's becoming a lot more independent, which is super good. He's going to start the stop smoking program again, as soon as Nick's back out of the hospital.

Anyway. Big week. In other news, IT WAS 23°C YESTERDAY!!!!!! IT WAS SO OK NICE! I'm going to need some short sleeve white shirts too! 

I saw in my drafts that I didn't send those photos, so I'll send those as well today. There are some pretty dang gorgeous photos. (He didn't send them.)

Love you all!
Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal