Skip to main content

Bye Bye Bathurst :(

Hey everyone!

Man, sounds busy back home! You had a pretty crazy Sunday. This week was busy for us too, (today is too, haha) but I'm glad to hear it was good. The dinner you had sounds like it was super fun though! 

Anyway, like I said in my title, I'm getting transferred. I'm going to be going to Dieppe and serving with Elder Smith, which I'm super excited about! I love Elder Smith so much, he's awesome! This next transfer is going to be BUSY though. Because a lot of missionaries are going home, they are shutting down a bunch of areas, and they combined my district (Bathurst) with the Amhurst district (Miles' district). So my little district went from having potentially 4 - 6 missionaries to having 14. So it's going to be a little crazy. My district is now the biggest one in the mission.

I'll try to send a calendar for the next transfer when we get one, because I don't know how it's going to turn out yet. I know there's going to be a few changes from normal. But you can probably plan on hearing from me next Tuesday.

Bathurst was very big! We had everything from Campbelltown, all the way down the Acadien penisula. It would take us 4 hours for us to drive from one side of it to the other. (If we start the timer on the one side. It would take us at least an hour for us to drive to it!) We mostly stay in Bathurst, haha. It's by far the biggest part of our area, and where most of the members are. We also have been working up in Cambelltown, and we've been having a lot of success there, but again, takes an hour to drive there, so we only go out 2 times a week. We walk whenever we can. But for the most part, we have to drive. We're a 10 minute drive from Bathurst, so if we want to go there for an appointment, we normally drive. 

I didn't get to see the WW devotional! I heard it was really good though! I saw the article about it on lds.org, and my companion and I were pretty impressed. The prophet has given us very specific actions for us to do, kinda like Moses did for the children of Israel, when he made the brass serpent. If they looked they lived. If they didn't, they died. I think it goes along very well with President Nelson's conference address, if we don't learn to receive revelation, we will die spiritually. Sooo, listen to the prophet!!

Because our week was pretty jam packed, I'll just share one of the cool stories from this week. We went and taught this really nice lady named Betty, who lives on the native reserve. Apparently the Native reserves in Canada are super sketchy, but I didn't get that vibe. So anyway, we finish our lesson, and Elder Pierson wants to book it out of the reserve, but there's this street sign that says, "Marsh Rd," and I wanted a picture. We had Alexandre in the car too, and he convinced Elder Pierson to turn around and let us take the photo. So I get my photo, and as we start heading back to the car, a truck pulls up and this lady leans out the window and asks us why we were on her road. We explained I wanted a picture because of my name, and she started asking us all kinds of questions. When she found out we were talking with Betty, she thought that was the coolest thing, and started asking us all about the Gospel. We gave her a Book of Mormon, and she said she would read it, and the elders are going to be going back to teach Judy (this lady) again! God definitely put her in our path!!!

One more thing, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA CLAYTON! I love you lots! Wish I could be there to say it in person. :)

Love you all! Hope you have a great week! 

Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal