Skip to main content

City Life

Hey everyone!

This was another busy and fun week! Moncton is super fun, I've been loving it here. It is so awesome to be serving in a city, I love it so much. And, I'm in a ward! This is the first time I've been in a ward, not a branch. It was really cool to see all of the people who come to church, I've gone from about 20 people at church to almost 100! It's definitely going to take more time to learn everyone's names tho, haha.

There are two sets of missionaries here, one's area is for Moncton, and another for Dieppe. But we end up sharing a lot anyway, because French people live all over. The other missionaries are Elder Sawa-Sawa and Elder Day. They are both super awesome, I'm looking forward to working more with them. 

Up till now I've been doing a lot of planning, working on a training plan for the district. It's been cool to see the inspiration that comes as I've made them, they really are from God. This is the third time making one for me, and after I make it, looking over it really has made me recognize the inspiration that I received. So I'm excited to put it all into place for this transfer.

Basically, having such a big district means I'm always busy. My 9-10 time when I was getting ready for bed is now spent on the phone, and when I look at the clock and see I have 5 minutes left, I madly dash around, to brush my teeth and change out of my shirt and tie. It's pretty fun. Thankfully I have some awesome zone leaders, (I happen to live with them) they help me out a ton by calling members of my district and following up with them when I don't have the time. 

We have some pretty cool investigators here. We just picked up a guy named Eli yesterday. He has already started reading the Book of Mormon, and wants to know if it's true. We also are working with a couple, named Ally and Eric. They are pretty cool, they're working on getting married and baptized for July 7th. They both came to church this Sunday and loved it! We are also teaching a guy named Philippe, but I haven't met him yet. We just said goodbye to this family we were teaching, they moved back to the Caribbean for the summer, hopefully they will be able to be taught by the missionaries there. 

As to why I don't send photos, I do it from my phone, and I get forgetful and/or lazy, and normally remember at like 6, after p day ends.

Also, we went to Costco this week for shopping! I never thought I'd ever enjoy that, but it was awesome! Only problem is that milk, eggs and meat are super expensive in Canada, so we had to go to Walmart anyway to buy that. It still felt a lot like home though!


 I also have a photo of us all at brother Williams for dinner, and one of elder Smith and I driving back from Cap-PelĂ© with a member named Jasper (who's awesome btw) but he's hiding from the camera.




Love you all! Hope you have another good week. Try to catch up on sleep mom, haha!

Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal