Skip to main content

Canada Day

Hey everybody! 

I'm glad to hear that Girl's Camp was such a success! It's really weird for me to think that this year's already past the halfway mark. It's going by too fast! Don't scare me by talking about summer jobs. 

Also, I'm jealous of missing dad's lesson. I really love the stories of David, Jonathan and Saul! I think Jonathan is probably one of the greatest examples in the Old Testament of righteousness and loyalty. Would have been nice to talk about it!

I've been loving the warm weather. It's been so nice. This whole week is supposed to be quite hot! The bugs are definitely out though. It's almost like a lose-lose, you can either choose freezing cold weather or actually nice, with a lot of bugs! (Think I still prefer the summer though.) 

This week's been pretty good! We had a busy week, lots of work. We've met quite a few of really cool less actives this week that we've started working with, because they're working towards going back to the temple. One of them is Sister Comeau, she's this super sweet lady who just lost her husband only 16 days ago. She's been having a really rough time, and we were able to give her a blessing. 

Another one we've met is Sister Chapel. She was baptized a couple years ago, and she wants to come back to church! She just moved by our investigator Magen. 

And then the last one we met was Loyd. He is married to a non member, but they are super sweet! We worked doing some family history with them, and are going to try helping them come back to church! 

But other than that, we did lots of finding. We don't have a lot of people to teach right now, and we really only want to teach people who really intend on learning the Gospel.

Best moments so far? Being a witness to the Dyvrandes sealing. Going to Saint-Pierre. Serving with my companions. Alexandre's baptism. Some Priesthood blessings. Meeting the members here. There's been a lot of cool experiences here. 

Canada Day was a huge let down!!!!! There were like no celebrations. I saw one Canadian flag, and there weren't even any fireworks. It was lame! On Monday we had a fun BBQ for Canada Day. But other than that there was nothing. 

I'm going to be meeting Pres. Low and Sister Low on Saturday! Looking forward to that! There haven't been any changes that affect me yet. He's moved MLC (Mission Leadership Conference) to the first week of the transfer, aside from the changes to PMG (Preach My Gospel), there've been no other changes yet. 

With French, I speak it quite a bit, but the majority of people speak English. I'm not fluent. Not yet, but I'm not bad at it. I really like French. Definitely going to keep speaking it and practicing! 

I love you guys! Have fun tomorrow for the 4th of July!! Here's a photo of how to speak New Brunswickese. There's a bunch of funny little things people say or do or that happen in Canada. It's pretty fun! I also took a photo of Brother Williams, he's one of the members here, and he's awesome! 

Love you all! 
Elder Marsh




Robbie didn't send these following pics, but I found them on his Google Photo Sharing:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal