Skip to main content

Short Q&A

Short email today...he mostly answered a few of these questions:
  • What are your social media rules?
  • What's the ceremony to mark one year in your mission?
  • What differences have you noticed between your new mission president and your old one?
  • How are your investigators doing? 
  • Have you picked up any Spanish? :)
  • What percentage of missionaries in your mission are really hard working and what are the craziest stories you've heard about missionaries? (Tonight at dinner we were talking about some of the wilder stories from our missions, like the elders on Shetland in dad's mission who grew beards and got busted because their faces were sunburned on the top but white where they had shaved, haha.)
  • What are you most grateful for after one year on your mission?
  • What are the biggest lessons you've learned this past year?
  • Did you get your birthday package yet? (And I guess related, when is zone conference?)


Hey all!

Thanks so much everyone for the birthday wishes! I got the package, and I loved the notes from everyone.

So for social media rules, there's quite a couple different rules. I can message people on Facebook and messager if they're in my area for finding and teaching people, communicating with people we're teaching, making posts and stories. We can use it to talk to family and people from back home on p days, like any emails. 

There's a tradition to burn an item of clothing for each landmark date you hit. For 6 months, a tie, year, a shirt, 18 months are pants and 2 years a suit. 

Luckily, our mission is very obedient. There aren't a lot of crazy things that happen in our mission, and they haven't happened her for a long time. 

This week we had zone conference, and we found a new investigator. Her name is Wendy, and she's pretty cool! We're going to be teaching her on Thursday. 

Love you all so much! Have a good time in England! 

Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal