Skip to main content

YOU MADE JALAPEÑO POPPERS?

Hey all,

WHAT? I had begged for those for years, and the first time you make them in all this time is while I'm on my mission? Wow. That hurts. Almost as much as it would hurt to make them without the gear. At least you have it figured out for when I get home, cause I EXPECT some now... 

Also, 1st place!!! That's super awesome! Man, I bet that was an incredible game! I wish I could watch it! I think it's so cool that we took 1st, I think that's the first 1st place finish for the varsity team. At least that I remember. It's going to be cool to see how they do this year in regular season! And I'm glad to see that the meme is staying alive, haha. 

I'm glad everyone misses me, haha. I miss them too, and no, you hadn't told me about the video thing, so that's going to be pretty exciting! I'm looking forward to that. 

I had a pretty good week. I'll try to go over all of it! Wednesday we had district meeting. Elder Pitcher and I went to the Saint John district meeting instead of ours, because we wanted to see how Elder Bluth, one of our district leaders, was doing with his district. It was really good, he's a really good district leader. There was a crazy snow storm that day though, and driving sucked! We got back, and then immediately had to leave for some lessons we had with the members. (Elder Pitcher and I have been teaching a lot of the members, it's been really cool!) It was going to be a pretty standard day, but then we got a call from Woodstock Elders at like 8. It turns out that they went down to the hospital down in Saint John after district meeting, and they weren't going to be able to make it back to Woodstock before 9. So they had to crash at our place for the night. Normally, that would just have them staying the night and then take off in the morning, but Elder Bringhurst and Robinson both wear contacts, and didn't bring contacts to replace the ones they were wearing. So, we ended up having to drive them back to Woodstock early in the morning! 

That was kinda the only eventful thing that happened. Wendy is doing good. We had a really good lesson with her this week. We're hopefully going to see Jacob this Saturday, because he really wants to do a nerf war! Unfortunately they didn't come to church, but we're still making progress! 

We did find a new investigator this week. Her names Carla. She was an old potential that we had, and when we followed up with her the other day, she let us come back. We taught her about Jesus Christ and His Gospel, and invited her to be baptized. She said yes, but we suspect that she doesn't fully understand everything. So stay tuned. 

Idk what I'd want for Christmas. I mean, the best parts of Christmas were always the food and the family, but I guess ties, clothes, and candy would do. But I'm sure you'll think of creative stuff to put in there. I'd love to hear from everyone again, that was really cool! 

We went down to Saint John again today. There's this thing called the Reversing Falls, it was pretty cool. The Bay of Fundy runs up the Saint John River and reverses the flow of the water, which is pretty cool. There's a sky roof with a glass floor which was pretty cool. You can't really see it in the photos unfortunately. 

I really like the newsletter! 

Love you all! 

Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Moving!

Hey all, First off, I’m so sorry to hear that Bob Sweeten passed away. Please let Deyanne know that she’ll be in my prayers, and that I pray they feel comforted. It is a big blessing to know that death’s not the end, that just as birth is a part of our eternal experience, death is as well. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers from Canada!  You’re a really good friend mom. I’m glad you can be there to help out people who need you.  I leave for Montreal on Thursday. So like in 2 days. It’s pretty crazy, I’m packing up all my stuff. We’re flying. I wish we were driving, that would be sooo much fun. I think it’s like a 14 hour drive, something pretty crazy. But no, we’re flying, and then at the airport the assistants there are going to pick us up and we’re just getting to work, with the thousand things we need to do after the merge. We’re going to be pretty busy, haha. I don’t think our p-day will change, but I don’t know yet... Also, you did NOT tell me that Jake proposed