Skip to main content

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Hey all,

Glad to hear that things are going good! I'm happy [Grandma's] surgery went well, and that it was a relatively calm week. 

Transfers are January 4th, I'll attach a copy of the holiday schedule that we got, it should answer all of your questions about that. 

Our week has been pretty crazy. I'll start with the update on Daniel and fam. We stopped by Daniel's home this last week, and he wasn't there, but both of his parents were. They let us come in, and we talked about teaching their family. They're down for their kids to learn, and want to learn themselves. We gave them a French Book of Mormon, cause while all of the kids speak English really well, their parents don't. We should be seeing them all tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. We've yet to meet Karen, Daniel's sister, who is the one we've tried to get into contact with so much, but apparently she's still in Halifax. Her baby boy is having a heart surgery, so we've been praying that things go well. 

We also had the ward Christmas party, and there were a bunch of LA's (less actives) and non-members there. The Smiths, a family we've been working with, brought this guy and his wife, who we're going to try to start teaching soon. The Garcia's and Clarito's, these Filipino families we've also been trying to work with brought another family too, and Sister Cormier brought a friend that we've taught once before, but couldn't set up a return appointment with. So it was pretty crazy! 

And church was good too, this guy named Ernest came to church, we talked to him and invited him, and he wants to come again next week. We're going to try to start teaching him too. While we were on exchanges, Elder Willoughby picked up his neighbor as an investigator as well, Ifeanyi. 

So I'm pretty tired, haha. It's been a busy week. I'm looking forward to talking with you all too. 

We're trying to do more service, but it's hard to find and set the time apart to do, haha. We are trying to do it though. 

At zone conference, the theme was #weworkgodblesses🛒, which was really good. Lots of good comments from everyone. We trained on how we can teach more effectively, and it went well. There were some roleplays after us, and then President Low trained us on the theme. After, we had a big lunch, and then the gift exchange and talent show. The talent show was AMAZING. President Low did this puppet show of one of the office senior couples, and how he got over his addiction to rock stars, we were laughing so hard it was hard to breathe. I played the piano, and a bunch of people sang. 

Sorry this one's more about a bunch of stuff going on, and not as much of a response, but today's been busy. 

Love you all, 
Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal