Skip to main content
Hey all,

I'm so sorry that I forgot to send the email! I'm so sorry, I was helping Elder Willoughby apply for school cause he's had a lot of questions, and I totally forgot to send my email. I'll make sure to send before I do that again!

We had a pretty good week. After p day ended last week, we went to teach this old former named Jeff. He has been taught everything, and knows its all true, he has even been reading the Book of Mormon and praying. We're hoping that we'll be able to baptize him this transfer, the only thing he needs to do is come to church, and get married. 

Thursday was transfers. We got to meet all the new missionaries coming in, there's a lot of cool new ones. Pretty much our entire zone is new missionaries, so it's cool to see the fire. One missionary's companion missed his flight though, so he was waiting with us until the other guy got here at 4:30 later that day, so it was a fun little mini exchange. 

Saturday we got to teach Troy again. He's doing well, he can't read well, he has some learning disabilities, but we have this really awesome plan to help him get baptized by helping him want to pass the sacrament every week. It should really help him, and he'll just take off!

Sunday was nice for us too. I wish we got extra study time to do something like everyone else, but we just do our "Come Follow Me" in our normal studies. Home church sounds like a lot of fun though! With our extra hour we just ended up doing more knocking. Bishop Hall had us over for a dinner appointment too, which was really good. The night ended pretty well too, the last door we hit was this upstairs apartment, and Elder Willoughby didn't want to go up the stairs first, so I went up and knocked on the door, and these three Brazilian friends answered the door. We started talking, and they talked about how much they miss having a more spiritual life, since coming to Canada for college, they've been missing out! So we taught them how they can find that spirituality by reading the Book of Mormon, and invited them to our church, and they said they'll come! Hopefully they turn up, cause they're really cool!

In Moncton we normally eat at home. The members have been inviting us a lot more to come eat with them, this week we should have another one! 

Sure, I'd like more recipies. :) I like trying new things. 

I wish that I got to see the Barnes! They'll definitely have to make another trip, cause it looked like a lot of fun, snowmobiling looked to be pretty cool. 

I love you so much! 
Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal