Skip to main content

Yes, everyone's been freaking out!

Hey all,

This week has probably been the craziest ever.

The announcement came as I was down in a lesson in Halifax (long story, I'll get to it later) and so my phone just started vibrating like crazy during the lesson, and I was super confused. I checked it and saw a ton of missed calls, so I thought something bad just happened, and we finished the lesson quickly, and started calling people back. The other Zone Leaders answered and were just like, "Have you guys checked your email?" and we were really confused, but they told us to go check. Then I read the email they sent all of us, and I was just mind-blown. The elder I was with just pulled over, cause we were driving at this point, and we just sat there talking to them. It was crazy. 

Anyway, I'll back up because it's been a pretty crazy week. P-day was a huge storm, and we were stuck in the house that night. Elder Willoughby finished packing. We also found out that because of the storm, the normal transfers were getting messed up, and were getting delayed to Friday. But, because Elder Willoughby still had to go home, we had to drive down to Halifax with a sister going home too. She was one of the sisters who came out with me, so it was weird thinking that if I was a sister I would be going home now too. 

We drove down Thursday morning, and dropped them off at the mission home, I said goodbye to Elder Willoughby and the sisters who came out with me, and then went with another elder in Halifax to work until transfers. Until we got to the mission home, everyone thought transfers were going to be Friday, so I didn't think I'd get a lot of time in Halifax, just that evening, but it turns out that the flight for the new missionaries got cancelled AGAIN. So they pushed transfers back till Saturday. (Fortunately I always go to Halifax with extra clothes, because once I went and it was raining super hard, and I got totally soaked, and while I had the clothes from the day before, I didn't have extras, so it was a pretty wet day.) 

Anyway, that night was cool, we did some bus contacting. One of the people I sat next to  was actually a member, who's originally from Moncton, so when he heard that I'm serving there now and I was here for a couple days, he invited us over for a DA on Friday, so that was pretty sick. 

Friday was also nice because we got to go pick up the Newfoundland missionaries, Elder McArthur and Elder Tait. They got transfered to Halifax, so they needed a ride, and we got to pick them up and let them stay at the place I was at. It's kinda weird but even though I've like barely been around Elder McArthur, he's definitely become a friend. He's super smart, so we always have these super sick conversations. And then Elder Tait is just hilarious. At the start of his mission he made this post on Facebook that was pretty much exactly like one of my posts, and I saw it and thought it was awesome, so I messaged him and was like, "Hey, the guy you got that from must have been pretty smart ;)" and he was super freaked out, he thought I was calling him out for copying my idea, and kept apologizing and saying sorry, it was sooo funny. It all worked out though, I told him he should keep it, cause mimicry is the best form of flattery. Don't know if he kept it though... Haha.

Back to the rundown. Saturday morning was transfers, FINALLY. I was originally going to drive two new missionaries back with me, but they ended up fixing the transfer truck and trailer, so I drove with Elder Holman back. We got back Saturday afternoon, and started working from there. Sunday was good, interesting day at church. We set up this lesson with this friend of a member.

Sunday night we got the cops called on us. We were knocking and these people told us we were out too late. There were a couple others who told us that, so I felt like we should leave. As we were, we saw the lady we knocked on on the phone, and as we were pulling away, two cop cars pulled up, which was pretty funny.

Love you all! Have a great day, loved calling you.

Elder Marsh


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal