Skip to main content

All the conferences

Hey all,

Surprise everyone, another crazy week!

We were originally supposed to have p-day tomorrow, but because of a storm it messed a lot of stuff up.

Wednesday we had district council here in Moncton, which went pretty well. Later that night we picked up this super sick Invedtigator, Nadia. She's a friend of Sister Hennessey, and she's been coming to church for like 8 weeks in a row. We talked to Sister Hennessey about inviting her, and she did it! We had a lesson and she pounded us with questions! It's was so, so good. She's super cool and the Henssessys are the best fellowshippers.

Thursday we went to PEI, and went to Elder Hatch's District council, which went well. We were able to give him some good tips on what he should do to improve. But it was cool to go out there. When we got back we had an exchange with Elders Musgrave and Clifford, the Houlton elders.

Then this Saturday President Low texted us and told us this Monday was going to be a huge storm, and that we were going to move zone conference to Sunday. So that made us really rush to get things figured out.

Sunday also happened to be stake conference in Fredericton. I got to see Brendan and Wendy, which was super nice. So it was cool to see tons of members there. Elder Bennett, our area seventy, was speaking, and it was really good. Right after the conference we had zone conference. There were a lot of really good trainings. Elder Holman and I had a lot of fun in ours.

Yesterday did turn out to be a crazy storm. We came out of the church to see TONS OF SNOW. We shoveled all day. Lots of fun.

I don't need anything to my knowledge for BYU. Anything they send you you should listen to. I'm not doing anything and I'm not looking at it, I don't get any messages, so you'll just have to take care of it for me. 

Still can't hang out with anyone on p-days, Elder Holman and I normally just go over to Brother Williams and play board games with him. 

I don't really need anything. Just letters, if anything. I enjoy it. 

Also, thanks dad for the notes again. I love reading them and using them. And I'm super excited to hear where Boo's going. Someone already asked if we can skype into sibling's mission calls, it's a no. So I'll just hear when it happens. 

Love you all so much! You're the best. 

Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal