Skip to main content
Hey all,

I loved both of your emails a ton. Dad, your talk was freaking awesome, and mom, I love the thoughts/notes about changing behavior. You guys are the best parents ever! 

This week was fun. We went down to Halifax for exchanges with the assistants, then had leadership conference the day after. But that night before the conference, we had a bunch of elders crashing for the night at the assistants' place. The assistants and Elder Holman and I were sleeping in the bedroom, and everyone else was in the living room, and we wanted to scare this one missionary who jumps at anything. So we hatched this plan where two of us would reach out of the bedroom window and grab onto the balcony by the living room, and hop over, then go through the door and yell, and the rest of us would go turn on the lights, and really get him. So we went out to turn on the lights, and the others opened the door at the same time, and this elder just about jumped through the ceiling, it was so funny. 

That next morning I got to see a bunch of familiar faces, like Elder Smith, Elder Pierson, etc... Nice to catch up with all of them and lots of friends. Weird to think I'm one of the old missionaries there now. 

After the conference we came back and had exchanges here, with the Charlottetown Elders, and we went out to see Jeff. He's still doing well, but he said that he's busier now with the baby than he was before. He said he thought he would have more time once the baby was born, but now he's swamped. I would have thought everyone knew having a newborn is super busy, but it still surprises some people. So he probably won't come to church for another 6 months, or get married for a while yet, which is too bad, but there's always the future. 

Sunday was a great day of church, Brother Garcia and Bishop spoke, and they both gave sick talks. I'm really grateful that my mission has taught me how to have a more revelatory experience during sacrament meeting. Then the YM's president invited us to YM's to talk about missions with everyone, and that was pretty cool. We had dinner with this member named Harley, who is obsessed with matching his tie and his socks, so I told him about John's company and showed him my matching tie and socks, and he thought it was sweet. (He wants to order a bunch, but the website wasn't working for some reason, so I told him I could try to get John's email. Do you think you could send me that? :)) 

Monday we had another games night, which went well. We figured out some of William's concerns, and why he's less active, and he's really been loving the friendship at church, so it's been going well with him. 

Tuesday was just a normal day, we figured out where everyone was going. We also got to see Deji, which was good. He's probably been the person I've seen the biggest transformation in, besides myself. It's been sooo cool to see how he's changed from this person we just met coming into the building, to an incredibly solid member of the Church. 

So I'm leaving. I'm going to Halifax, to be with Elder Benson, which will be fun. We go home together, so it will be fun to get to know him better, we've been on plenty of exchanges and seen each other pretty much from the start of my mission, but now we'll serve together. But I'm kinda sad to be leaving Moncton too. It's been a huge part of my mission, where I've spent the most time and know the people the best. It also is too bad to leave Elder Holman, we really got along great and are pretty good friends, but all transfers are bittersweet. 

If there was one thing I wish I could teach everyone, it would be the first lesson in PMG, the restoration. If people would listen, and come to understand the truths that are contained in that, I think people would recognize the need they have of revelation in their lives, the doctrine of Christ and the oneness it brings, the knowledge that was lost having been restored again—it's a life changing message to the meek and humble. You just have to be ready to listen and understand. :) 

I'm really hoping and praying that Boo gets his mission call! And you're definitely right that it's all in the Lord's timing. Elder Holman could have come out on his mission the same time I did, but his call took forever. But because it did, he ended up being with some pretty important people for him, and we got to serve together. So it's all in the Lord's timing. 

I love you all so much! You all mean the world to me. 
Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal