Skip to main content
Hey all, 
 
Sorry if this letter isn't as long or as nice. I have a massive headache right now, so it makes it a little hard to write and think. :(

Man, I was hoping Boo's call would be there today,I'm super excited to see where he ends up going. I can see things online, so hopefully it pops up. 

Last week was pretty busy on our end as well, with lots of driving and more to look forward to. Wednesday we had district council in Miramichi, which is about an hour and a half from Moncton. We got back and had a few lessons. One was with Brother Bourque, the other was with Nadia. Nadia is probably in her 30's, same with the Henesseys. Sister Henessey met her at work, she had gotten transferred to Moncton, and they instantly clicked. She's learning lots, and progressing a ton, which is super cool. It really impresses me how much of a difference having members involved makes with missionary work. 

Thursday was a trip to Fredericton. We went to the district council there, and gave a training. went well, but it was another hour and a half trip there and hour and a half back. Then the next day we drove up to Bathurst, (2.5 hours) and ANOTHER hour up to Campbellton and Quebec, where we were working that day with the Bathurst elders on exchange. We had a pretty cool miracle there though, one of the members ran into this less active who lots of people have been looking for. We looked for him too while I was in Bathurst. But anyway, this member ran into him at the library, and got his new number, because he's super interested in coming back. So we met him, and helped him a bit with one of his concerns, but he's going to get back to church! Man, does he talk a lot though. I don't think I've ever met someone with a case of Old Maritimer disease as bad as the one he's got. (That's what we call it when people talk forever and get on little tangents. I'll give you a demo when I get home.)

The next day we drove back home from our exchange, and then another thirty minutes to Shediac. We had a DA with the Porters, who are super awesome, and then we went and did some service for a member. She had some electrical wiring problems, and a problem with her dryer, and we went and fixed it. It was pretty fun, I learned how to switch a light switch. Elder Holman's a pro at that stuff, so it was lots of fun. He forgot to turn of the breaker at one point though, and it sparked as he was trying to tighten the switch back on, and I was terrified that he was going to drop dead or something. But he was fine, he didn't get shocked at all. We made sure to turn it off though! 

Sunday was super awesome. The lady who we did service for the day before brought her less active son, and he got along really well with one of the members, they exchanged numbers. Then during the linger longer, he really enjoyed it, and wanted to come to more events. So he messaged us, and told us he'd be interested in activities, which got us pretty excited, but then he decided he'd like to have lessons with us as well, which just blew our minds. 

Later that day, we dropped by these members, who had invited their friends over for a get together, and wanted us to come. So we came and got to know their friends, then we taught a great restoration lesson, using a Rubik's cube to help us. It went so great, and they really enjoyed it. 

We didn't get to see Jeff and Terrilynn, they're not married yet. They need to get a marriage license still. They have an 8 year old, Zoe, from Terrilynn's old boy friend. Troy's doing good. 

Love you all so much! Loved the email dad. See you later,
Elder Marsh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.

Transfers!

Hey all, Happy Father's day! Hope you had a good one dad + grandpa's. I didn't know if you would've wanted to waste part of your trip to DC calling me, so I didn't try calling. Besides, I want you all to actually be glad I'm home when I get back.  So you're right, my p-day does get messed up because of transfers, but the majority of it was on Monday (not Tuesday) and the rest today (Wednesday). It's ok though because I do have enough time to write some. (This whole week has been so busy I don't even know if I could include everything that's gone down.) We'll start with zone conference. Elder Hamilton didn't have enough time in his schedule to go to Newfoundland, and so we combined the Newfoundland and Nova Scotia zone conference. It was really good, Elder and Sister Hamilton gave some fantastic training, as well as President and Sister Low. I don't know if I've told you about this, but in our zone conferences we normal