Skip to main content

Working hard

Hey all,

It’s been a great week in Montreal. Literally it’s been the busiest time on my mission. Maybe some more experienced people in life could tell me, but it seems to me that the longer you live, the busier you get. That’s how my mission has been at least. Because we have a four man companionship, we almost kinda feel like we have superpowers, because we can be in two places at once! Thank goodness we’ve had that, because I do not know how anyone could do what we’ve done without it. We most days both teams teach all day. We have 5 people preparing for baptism this Saturday, so between them, our other on dates, progressing friends, recent converts, and mission merge business, it’s been pretty full. 

I’m grateful for a little quote dad had sent me at the start of my mission. I’m glad I feel like up to now, I’ve left it all in the pool, so to speak. I’m definitely going to keep it up. Nothing is more rewarding than serving our Heavenly Father. 

Heres some advice I have [for Joey]:

1. Understand your missionary purpose. You’ll receive lots of training on it, I promise, but true understanding will start with you. Everything else will fit into your purpose. Remember what you are supposed to do, why you are doing it, and who you represent, and you’ll be a powerful missionary. 
2. Become like the Savior. As you live like him, you’ll be happier. You will be a better missionary. It’s a process, and sometimes you’ll feel like you need to work on one thing, or two, or maybe a lot, but just become more like him bit by bit. 
3. The better you use your morning, the better your mission will go. In the morning, you’ll study, you’ll plan, it sets the pace for your whole day, and each day builds your mission.

It's easier to give advice though, than to really do everything everyone says. As you go through your mission, you’ll find your own things that feel important, so just do your best. Once you feel like you’re really getting good at being a missionary, you’ll be released. 

Also, to be honest I really haven’t been thinking about home much. I don’t have any plans. The only things I can really think of is trying to spend time with family, and trying to plan to make sure important things in the future (school, a job) are taken care of. I’d love to get in a pool. I’m excited to practice the piano again. I’d like to do some yard work. Probably pretty boring stuff to all of you.

I love you all! Have fun dropping off Boo tomorrow. I’m so excited for you Boo. I love you! See you all sometime in the future. 

Elder Marsh

P.S. Some people have asked when my homecoming is, I don’t know how many people would actually come, but I don't know when church is, or remember the address. You could create an event or post on Facebook, and tag me, then I could share it with others. I don’t want a party after though. But that’s all way too far in the future for me to worry about, so I don’t really mind either way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Videos

Robbie ran out of time to email, but sent videos, so we are the ones who got a birthday present as he celebrated turning 20 today. :) Unfortunately only one of them was under the max of 100mb size for blogger. :( Here it is:

Moving!

Hey all, First off, I’m so sorry to hear that Bob Sweeten passed away. Please let Deyanne know that she’ll be in my prayers, and that I pray they feel comforted. It is a big blessing to know that death’s not the end, that just as birth is a part of our eternal experience, death is as well. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers from Canada!  You’re a really good friend mom. I’m glad you can be there to help out people who need you.  I leave for Montreal on Thursday. So like in 2 days. It’s pretty crazy, I’m packing up all my stuff. We’re flying. I wish we were driving, that would be sooo much fun. I think it’s like a 14 hour drive, something pretty crazy. But no, we’re flying, and then at the airport the assistants there are going to pick us up and we’re just getting to work, with the thousand things we need to do after the merge. We’re going to be pretty busy, haha. I don’t think our p-day will change, but I don’t know yet... Also, you did NOT tell me that Jake proposed

Stake conference

Hey all, Man, it looks like you’re having a great time in DC! Also, that schedule looks great too. I know lots of people who have said morning classes stink, but I think it would be totally the other way around, morning would be way better. Do I not have a math class? I mean I figure I’ll use math in Econ, but I would have thought I would have needed some math.  This week’s been pretty crazy. So this last week has been pretty busy because we’ve been trying to get ready for our devotional and everything, Elder Hamilton did agree to come and speak to everyone, which was super cool. (He’s super nice and cool, he talked with everyone who came for probably 30 minutes just getting to know them.) We made invitations for everyone, and we had like 20 people commit to come. The day of the event though, 2 people showed up at the start, and 2 more came during it. It was kinda disappointing so few people came, but it was super spiritual for the people who came. It was definitely worth it.